Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Why Speculative?

I'm concerned that medical professionals and advocates of a certain general approach (widely know as the medical approach) will accuse me of falsely claiming that my analysis is scientific. I believe my approach is scientific, especially in the sense that I am documenting the reasoning behind my assertions, and the nature of any testing that has been carried out.

What my analysis does not rely on, which the medical model typically does, is extensively repetitive systematic, or statistical, analysis. Although there are clearly instances where that kind of testing is valuable, I don't feel it is the only way to derive valid health information (or that the information it does produce is always valid).

I am going to emphasize active observation and reasoning in these posts. I hope the reader will inspect the posts and find them useful.

No comments: