Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2nd letter to editor

I wrote back to Hy Bender, pointing him to the new posts, warning him three times that they are "insane." "insane." He wrote back, of course, ticked that I had described our exchange in such detail ... though, I should add, very polite about it. Lesson learned, there. "Professional courtesy" is what he called what he wants.

Yes, I'm thrashing around like a fish out of water, trying to pass myself off as a professional. I keep bumping heads with these guys, the people who already are professionals. Every time I step on someone's toes, like this ... even more so, today ... I learn ... because I can actually feel what, before, was an abstract concept. I need to learn to act more carefully ... and smoothly.

But, I'm me. I'm wild. I also need to be wild.

No, Hy, this book is not going to be prepared in secret, it looks like. It's going to be published right here, in public, in a public process. I told one friend about your service, and he said "why do you need that? Publish it yourself." That's making more sense to me, really. I publish as I write. That's how I got this far, breaking out of a mired state in which everything I wrote stayed in notebooks.

This all relevant to health. It's relevant to macrobiotics, which, by the way, I still regard as a very important school ... of philosophy. In a way, and this is just coming to me, macrobiotics is the study of health, where medicine is the study of disease. Certainly, many schools of health have taken and do take this approach ... macrobiotics just came with an urbane sophistication out of the philosophical practices of the ancient East, and an infusion of the profundity of that monastic and dynastic history. It almost immediately went off the rails, really, but its elegance is not in question, and elegance is not for nothing.

This is the way of living a big life, for health ... let the exploration begin.

No comments: